
This morning shortly after I got up I turned on the computer and was able to talk to my entire family online. I received some most excellent news from my parents, they are pioneering to Swaziland!! So a huge congrats and loving proud smile goes out to my parents today.
The main part of the day was kind of a disaster as I am still inept in the ways of transportation. Today I tried to take a bus down Chaengwattana to mail a package of presents to my parents and I some how ended up on a bus that didn't go far enough Chaengwattana to get to the post office. Instead, I ended up on the freeway to Bangkok and ended up going to Victory Monument (if you are wondering what Victory Monument is please see the post about trying to get to the Royal Palace). In short tried to go twelve blocks and ended up all the way in Bangkok! So then I came back to Nonthaburi and went to a different post office than the one I was originally trying to go to because I was a little bit miffed at the first post office for being so difficult to get to.
Also I forgot to mention that I ran into Vaughan's son and his friend while I was getting into the elevator to go on my postal adventure and tried to hold the elevator door open so I could talk to them but instead of holding the door open with the open button I hit the close button and (as I was standing in the doorway to the elevator) I crushed myself between the elevator doors and made a bit of a fool of myself. This funny moment was not as awesome as it sounds, I tell you! So after my postal adventure I took myself out for some cashew chicken and came home and studied some Thai and some Ruhi and had a nap. The nap was abruptly ended by some hammering next door (they're renovating the next door apartment) which really didn't help to inspire a cheerful disposition.
Then Jenny got home and I accompanied her to run some errands and then we attended the Monday night devotional gathering at Vaughan and Sunantha's. After the devotional gathering I tried to learn some of the Thai alphabet (which is really long and difficult to write).
Jenny did pay me a complement today, she said that it was nice to hang out with some one so funny (I was telling her of my misadventures). She said that it was good that I could laugh at myself, but really what else am I supposed to do?
Today's picture is of the huge tree we saw in the jungle of Khao Yai National park when we were on our short hike. To help you see the scale I have also made public other pictures of the tree including one I took of Jenny with her camera so that you can see a person beside this really large tree.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home