Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Party like its 2549BE




So today I found out that my computer date was off and that I had been living a day in the future. This was a problem because I woke up at 6:30am this morning to get ready for something and then realized that it wasn't the thirteenth today but the twelfth and that I didn't need to be up after all. Sadly I had found this out after I got up and showered and made myself all pretty and presentable, ugh.

I tried to find some shirts today because I don't have enough. I found two one at the store and one at a market. Unfortunately one of the shirts I found was a little tight (I couldn't try either on before purchasing) not horribly so I don't think it does fit my waist well it's just a little right otherwise... perhaps I can stretch it so its a little looser.

In the afternoon I had the greatest nap ever, it lasted an hour an a half and I felt very rested afterwards. Then Jenny came home and we, unfortunately, had another little disagreement. We each went out to different places to cool off. I went to a market where I bought the shirt that fit well. After my walk I went back to the apartment and Jenny was already home from her outing. I showed her my new shirt and we seemed to be getting along again. Jenny read her book and I wrote three more letters and then we went to dinner. Dinner was prawns and fried rice at one of the places on our soi. After dinner we went to visit Lynne who just returned from a four day weekend at the beach. It sounds like Lynne had an awesome time, I think I would like to plan a weekend trip out to a coastal beach sometime in the next couple of months.

So this week is
Songkran Week which is new years in Thailand. The calendar in Thailand is based on Buddhist Era and so is 543 years ahead of the Christian calendar. During Songkran there is a big water fight as well as water ceremonies and merit making ceremonies like the one I attended this past Sunday. This is Songkran week but the heart of the celebrations will take place in the next four days (April 13-16) and I was told that I should always carry a spare out fit with me where ever I go because at some point I will get drenched.

Today's picture is of some tiles I saw at Wat Phra Kaeow they were along a half wall but I thought they looked really pretty and delicate.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Cute Kids of YWCA
  • More Misadventures
  • A Morning with Monks
  • Tentacle on a Stick
  • Trip to Villa
  • Purple Dragon Carrot
  • Nutritional Horsepower
  • Feeling Pretty Tired
  • Jungle Book Nai
  • First Week at the School Complete
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox