
This morning I got to chat with a bunch of people on msn which was exciting. Afterwards I prepared to go to work. At school I wear skirts and blouses and though I wasn't sure if I'd like wearing that type of clothing every day I find that it's ok, I feel that I looked quite pretty (though I do change my shirt when I get home). The only barrier to feeling very pretty today was the heat at the bus stop and the sweat trickling down my back as I waited for the bus to arrive... ewww. It's still quite hot here even though it has started to rain, the rain isn't consistent yet (as it will be in the rainy season) and the heat is quite strong.
When I arrived at school I found out that classes were held yesterday when I had thought they weren't. In my defense it did say on my schedule that classes wouldn't resume after Songkran until the 18th. This will mean a very short week for me since I didn't attend yesterday, we're off tomorrow because of the election (and voting is mandatory by law in Thailand), and on Friday is the first day of Ridvan which I will be taking off of school.
Since I have a surprise day off tomorrow and it's my official monthiversary in Thailand I thought I would visit Wat Pho and the Reclining Buddha. Hopefully I have success on the transportation system and do not find myself stranded in some unknown part of Bangkok.
I haven't mentioned it before but I have a bit of an ant problem in my apartment. Actually, I think that all of Nonthaburi and Bangkok has an ant problem but I won't launch a crusade against the entire ant population (yet) just the ones living in my home. Initially I was having a problem with the ants wanting to live in my clothing and I had to shake everything out so that I wouldn't put on underwear, shirts, and pants that were crawling with ants. I managed to remedy that problem but they still want to get into the food (of course), which is something I'm not too keen on sharing with them... at least not when its still in the packaging they are certainly welcome to whatever food trash is in the garbage. Unfortunately, yesterday I was eating pumpkin seeds by the hand full and after the third handful I realized that they had some how gotten into the pumpkin seeds which meant I was eating hand fulls of pumpkin seeds AND ants... not cool. This was the final straw and now it's time for some aggressive action to be taken against my ant roommates. I will now make sure that no food is left out and everything edible will live in the fridge. I will find some way to squash this ant invasion! (By the way these are red ants).
Today's picture is of the National Baha'i Centre in Thailand which is located in Bangkok. This is were I did my junior youth animator training this past weekend. It's a very lovely little building with a little garden along the side and another sort of in the back and the inside is very cosy.
Lastly: My good friend Paul Heidema has suggested that I get a "shout box" on my blog because he loves the one on his blog, and so I have done just that. Check it out, its on the right of the page. I would love to hear from anyone who wants to say something (just remember that this is a child friendly site please). Paul has kindly given me my first post (isn't it sweet) and with the small amount of knowledge I have managed to absorb from Evan's mad web design skillz and Paul's equally mad skillz I have managed to alter the code so that it fits in with the page style... go me! Thanks Ev and Paul for passing on some mad skillz to me (though for me they are mearly slightly crazy skills as I haven't yet attained the station of 'mad').




1 Comments:
So these ants are quite annoying. Do they at least taste good? What about black ants, do they live in harmony with the red ones or is there unrest within the ant population? I think that you should try them with chocolate... or maybe go all out and add them to ice cream or peanut butter.
Post a Comment
<< Home