
This morning I talked to Mom, Dad and Uncle Harold on the phone. It was nice to say hello to everyone. Uncle Harold and Heather are visiting my parents before they go to B.C. to set up their new home. It was night in Canada when I talked to them so they were all very tired and I didn't get to say 'Hi' to Heather.... "Hi Heather"
In the afternoon I saw my grade ones usual. I think I'll be a little sad not to teach them any more when summer school is over, but am excited to start with the older kids (and I'll probably still run into the grade ones around school). With the grade ones Eden and I are practicing songs for the culminating activity/presentation on Friday so I spend another day of hokey-pokey, Bingo, The More We Get Together etc... My toe still hurts a bunch today and so I've been hobbling around and taking pain killers for it and it was hard to stand for my afternoon classes (let alone dance).
When I got home I just wrote letters, listened to music and elevated my foot. I ran out for a quick dinner and coffee and then at six thirty a few of us from my building went over to Khanum's for devotionals. Devotionals aren't just for Baha'is and so a couple people from our building who came were Buddhist and a few of Khanum's Catholic friends came and we all prayed together. It was very nice to have such a diverse group come together to pray together. After some prayers we ate some fruit, drank tea and visited.
Now I'm back home and plan to do some further reading on the roles of the different officers on the Assembly. On Thursday we have our first Assembly meeting and have to elect Chair person, Vice Chair, the Secretary, and the Treasurer. Though my parents were nearly always on the Local Spiritual Assembly of wherever town we were living in I haven't really looked closely at the distinct roles and responsibilities of Assembly members. Since I am now on an Assembly and on Thursday will be electing people to these roles (and perhaps serve in one of these positions) it's time I did some research. I will report on my findings later.
Today's picture was taken at OH T.'s Uncles house of another house across the river. I was told that this is the traditional style of Thai house. The high roof helps to keep it cool and the house is elevated because it can flood right to the floor boards in the rainy season and everyone has to get around on boats for a while. OH T.'s Aunt was telling us that even though their house is elevated in this way it still flooded a few years ago and the lower area of the house stayed flooded for three months (inside these houses the kitchen and beds are further elevated by another step you just can't tell from the outside). Crazy hey!! Also, I made one other picture available on the picture page/photo stream and I have added the picture page to my links under "Blogs I Like" for everyone's convenience I called it "My Photo Page".
Thank you Terri for your lovely shoutbox comment, Happy Ridvan!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home