
Today I slept in a bit late and puttered around. I got some information from the travel agent about my possible flights to Africa so now I just need to pick the dates, whooow! I went in to school early so that I could talk to the person in charge of the foreign teachers to get my schedule for the coming semester. i found out that my schedule still isn't finalized. I hope it is at the end of the week because when this week ends I am not in the school until the next semester starts mid-May.
Class was ok this afternoon the kids really are adorable. I am bringing my camera in tomorrow to take pictures of them (if I remember to). We once again practiced our songs and I sang "A - you're adorable", "hokey pokey", and "Bingo" many many times. The only thing is that the teacher I'm working with wanted me to go up and down the stairs a lot today to fetch various things, but my toe was hurting so much and so it was a bit of a pain in the ... toe.
When I got home from the school I decided I would elevate my foot and take it easy and ended up falling asleep until I had to go to Ruhi. Ruhi is a sequence of books which begin with the "Reflection on the Life of the Spirit" and progress through to Baha'i history, running children's classes, animating junior youth, teaching, and service. The Ruhi study circles allow for open discussion of spiritual principles paired with the study of the word of God. Today we started book 6 which is "Teaching the Cause" and had a great discussion about human nature and if it was in the nature of the human being to give ceaselessly of his/her possessions, time, energy and knowledge. Ruhi, like devotional gatherings, are not just for Baha'is and so sometimes the group studying the books can be quite varied bringing many different and interesting opinions to the discussion (or even if it is all Baha'is many different and interesting opinions arise).
After Ruhi I went out for chicken and rice at one of the restaurants on our soi. There are three restaurants that we frequent and they are all really nice and have good food.
Tomorrow morning (at like 5-6am) a woman is probably going to come and stay in my room for a few days and then on Saturday if she is gone someone else will be coming to stay for an undetermined amount of time. It'll be nice to have company but I think I'll kind of miss having the space to myself (since there isn't too much space to begin with).
Today's picture is of two giant statues at Wat Phra Kaeow (I went there with Jenny weeks and weeks ago). I think these statues are supposed to guard the emerald Buddha if you view the picture in it's larger form you can see how amazingly detailed they are. Also I have added more pictures to the pictures page.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home