Sunday, April 30, 2006

Canadians in Thailand




This morning we went back to the National Baha'i centre (I posted a picture of it a couple of weeks ago) for more of the National Convention. I am feeling a lot better today and I wasn't as tired today as I was yesterday. The morning portion of the convention was mainly in Thai so I read and nearly finished "God Loves Laughter". After lunch I went with some of the Baha'is from Nonthaburi to drop some flowers off for Lynne who had surgery today.

When I got back from dropping the flowers off I walked with Brian (the Irishman) and Merril (another Canadian) to the 711 for coffee and ice cream. Yes I have to confess I've stooped to the point that I will drink 711 coffee, I hang my head in shame as a former barista.

The walk wasn't long but it was hot and I should have gotten water instead of sugar filled treats because I felt really gross afterwards, ugh. Brian and I sat and moaned and groaned in the lobby of the Baha'i centre for a while and then decided to head up to the session. We did miss the beginning of the session but it wasn't hard to get caught up. In the session we studied the message from the Universal House of Justice dated December 27, 2005. We had an excellent discussion about Ruhi, children's classes, and devotionals which are the core activities that Baha'is are encouraged to be a part of. It was interesting, and very cool, that Brian was studying these activities with us as he is not a Baha'i and really cool that he came to do service while he was travelling because his friends are Baha'is and did service in Thailand last year and encouraged him to do service on this travels. I would also like to mention that there are a lot of Canadians here in Thailand doing service, we made up a noticeable minority, I think there were at least six of us there today... weird.

Right now I have two other roommates and so the room is a little squishy. I get along with both of my roommates and the newest roommate, Tabitha, is also from Canada. Tabitha is from Victoria B.C. and is the same age as my younger sister. Brian is also staying in our building in Nonthaburi and so I'll have some people to take adventures with this coming week (if they stick around), yay!

We had planned to come home early today but that didn't really happen and so we didn't get home until nine-ish. Tabitha, Brian, Robbie (another youth) and I hung out this evening since we're all in Nonthaburi right now just talking about stuff and eating junky food and then since we all have an early morning tomorrow we turned in.

Today's picture is of "Elephant's child" mountain (and other mountains) in Khao Yai.... it's the one in the front on the left. I'm sorry about the fact that I'm still posting Khao Yai pictures even though I was there a month ago, I haven't any new pictures and the other ones that are more recent are already public on the pictures page. Maybe I'll take some tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Exhaustion
  • Not Sick for Edmonton But....
  • "A" You're Adorable
  • New Roommate Tomorrow... Early
  • Hi Uncle Harold and Heather
  • My Poor Toe
  • Ayutthaya
  • A Long Day of Shopping
  • And Fish Walk Down The Sidewalk
  • Happy Ridvan
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox