Thursday, April 27, 2006

"A" You're Adorable




This morning Banu (my new roommate until May 2nd) arrived around 6:30am (She came in a little later than expected because of traffic). When she got in I woke up and we ended up chatting for an hour or two before having a very brief nap and then waking up for real at 9:30am. Banu and I ended up going out for brunch before I had to go to work and she went to visit Magic Years. Banu was a pioneer in this area 48 years ago and has a lot of very interesting stories and she is also very easy to get along with.

In the afternoon I did what I have been doing all week which is practicing our songs for our performance tomorrow (many runs of "A - You're Adorable"). I have two groups of grade ones and teach the first group from 1pm to 2pm and the second from 2pm to 3pm. Today's picture is of the second group though I have made some pictures of group one available on my pictures page. Aren't they cute!?!

While the kids were practicing their songs and dancing a storm swept in and it thundered and poured. It was raining so hard that when I was done work I couldn't leave and so I stayed at the school longer and talked to Joseph (one of the computer teachers) until the rain ended. When I did finally get out of the school it had rained so much that the streets around my school (and all through out Muang Thong and down Chaengwattana to my soi) were flooded right and some of them flooded on the side walks as well. My toe is still a wreck and I was worried about infection with the dirty flooded streets (if I had stepped in the street it would have been up to my knees in some places) and so I ended up paying some extra money today and taking a cab home. The traffic home was awful because of the flooding. The water was so high in the streets that I could feel it slapping the bottom of the cab and there were people bailing out their cars. I am still being told that this is only the beginning of the rainy season and I still haven't seen anything yet, wow.

In the evening it was the Feast (Baha'i gathering at the beginning of every Baha'i month) and was supposed to be the first Assembly meeting, however due to much confusion people arrived late for the feast and we didn't end up having the assembly meeting.

Oh, I also posted two pictures of the flooded streets of Muang Thong on the photo page. I think that that's all for tonight.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • New Roommate Tomorrow... Early
  • Hi Uncle Harold and Heather
  • My Poor Toe
  • Ayutthaya
  • A Long Day of Shopping
  • And Fish Walk Down The Sidewalk
  • Happy Ridvan
  • Monthiversary
  • The Ants Go Marching 100 by 100 Hurrah Hurrah
  • Relaxing Day
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox