Monday, April 24, 2006

My Poor Toe




This morning when I was still in the fuzzy state between awake and asleep (you know when your alarm has just gone off but you still can't move yourself out of bed, ya I know you know it) I got a phone call. The call was from Khanum who is the director for Magic Years school (I've mentioned the school in previous posts) and she asked me to sub for the Joy class today because they had found themselves short a teacher today. Originally in my groggy state I said that I wouldn't go in but once I was showered and awake I decided that I would go. I was working with OH T. and the kids were really sweet, so if they need me back I'll probably help out again. Unfortunately, the trip to Magic Years wasn't without incident. I tripped on a concrete stair and ripped a chunk of skin out of my big toe on my right foot! When you go into the school you take off your shoes and so when we were playing out back I didn't have any shoes on since I hadz left them at the front door and so when I tripped nothing was protecting my poor toes. My toe bled a lot and when I left to go to my usual school in the afternoon I had to put on my shoes and they pushed really uncomfortably on my toe. The afternoon with my grade one class was ok but my toe hurt so much that I couldn't participate as much as I usually would have in the singing of the Hokey-Pokey and the other interactive songs that we were practicing for the summer school end presentation this Friday.

This evening I haven't done much. After work I cleaned my toe and wrapped it up nicely. I hope it doesn't rain to flooding in the next few days because you often have to walk through extremely grimy water when it floods and I don't want my toe to get infected. Mantana (a twelve year old girl who lives in my building) came and we listened to music and then Lynne and I went for dinner and coffee. We tried to go to the devotional (prayer) gathering this evening but they were starting later than we thought and my foot really hurt so I came home and put my foot up instead of sticking around.

Today's picture is of the dressing of the Buddha for the rainy season during the Songkran celebration in Ayutthaya. I've made other photos available on the photo page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/greetingssawatdee/) under the tag Songkran.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Ayutthaya
  • A Long Day of Shopping
  • And Fish Walk Down The Sidewalk
  • Happy Ridvan
  • Monthiversary
  • The Ants Go Marching 100 by 100 Hurrah Hurrah
  • Relaxing Day
  • Last Day of Animator Training
  • Have a Good Trip Jenny!
  • Friends from all Over
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox