Thursday, April 06, 2006

Purple Dragon Carrot



Yesterday morning I tried again with the english classes for the kids of my soi but this time only one showed. It was difficult at first because my translator didn't even show but I think I managed to teach the girl that did show up (Mantana) some things and we really hit it off. She's a lovely girl of twelve and she's eager to learn some english words and will point at things for me to tell her what they are or she'll grab a prayer book and get me to read her the prayer so that she can repeat it and try to memorize it. After spending the morning with her I went to the school to work with the grade one class. I decided to talk to some teachers that I didn't know very well and in doing so made some new friends. In the evening Lynne and I went to Suan Lum Night Bazaar which is yet another market. It was once again like no other market and at the same time like every other market. It was the cleanest market I've been too and much more organized. There were more local crafts and I bought some really nice things. On a whim at the end of the night Lynne and I each got an hour long foot and back massage, and was that ever nice! We didn't get home until 12:40am though and I was so relaxed and too tired to even think of writing anything.

Today was a holiday here in Thailand (
Chakri Memorial Day) and so I didn't have to teach. Mantana still came by and we sang songs with Jenny and hung out. After Mantana left Jenny and I just had a lazy day I mailed off fifteen letters and we did some minor shopping and then I edited my Jungle post (check it out). Jenny had a nap and I wrote more letters and post cards. Eventually we went for dinner and had some good noodle, chicken and veggie dishes though I think it was too oily, I like the place (on our soi) that serves the cashew chicken better I think. Right now we're listening to music and Jenny is dancing around the apartment while I type... silly Jenny.
Tomorrow I will hang out with Mantana in the morning for a bit and then go to school and when school is done we're off for a week because next week is Songkran week.

The picture posted is a trail that Jenny and I walked with Erk and one of his twin sisters (while the other sister and the parents stayed at the top). The trail led to a wild life look out tower, we saw some birds from the tower, it was very relaxing.

Oh and Jenny and I learned about purple carrots


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Nutritional Horsepower
  • Feeling Pretty Tired
  • Jungle Book Nai
  • First Week at the School Complete
  • Thai Massage and Rain Rain Rain
  • Mystery Food... and oye Transportation!
  • Yay Tamarind
  • My First Day
  • The Biggest Market Yet
  • Success with Pictures
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox