Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Biggest Market Yet



This morning Jenny and I met up with Lynne and went to Chatuchak Weekend Market which is the biggest market around. Compared to the other markets I went to this one was the biggest and the most like a shopping mall, it's mostly indoors with path ways outside between the 'districts' and its so big it requires a map. It was unlike the other markets I've been to it didn't seem to sell any meat or pig heads or chicken feet (things I've begun to repeatedly see at the other markets) but instead sold mostly clothing, shoes, accessories, purses, lights, furniture, books, music... mostly comfort items rather than necessities (mind you it may have sold meat and I just didn't see because I don't think we saw the whole thing). I bought a few things there but I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff and I was shopping with two other people who had their own shopping agendas while I was mostly there to see what there was to see so I just went where they went. I think next time I go I'll buy some stuff because there were a lot of really neat things there.In the afternoon we went to a pool at the building where Rae (one of the Baha'is in our community) lives, it was so nice! I swam 10 lengths of the pool and relaxed, I think I'm going to try to swim a few times a week. In the evening we went out to explore another super market and I mailed out some letters. Tonight I'm going to go to bed early because I start work tomorrow with the little kids and last night we didn't sleep with the air conditioner on and I had a really crappy sleep.
Oh! Today I saw a baby elephant walking down the side walk... I mean he wasn't alone he was with some guy but he was a baby elephant and walking down the side walk of Chaengwattana road!! I thought that that was pretty neat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Success with Pictures
  • Adventures in Transportation
  • The Market Experience
  • Learning about Currency
  • Palm Trees and Water Slides
  • Sleepy Day
  • F.O.G. in Thailand
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox