
So my cockiness over my exceptional transportation savy-ness has caught up to me! Today I some how missed my stop on the way to school. Luckily I always leave early and I still managed to get to class in time but the pick-up truck driver had to take me out of his truck and put me into the passenger seat of another truck (you usually ride in back) and tell the driver when to drop me (I told him the name of the school I was working at so he knew). Boo.
Working at the school was good today, I followed Rae's excellent advice and am feeling more clear on what is expected from me at school. I worked with the Kindergarden 3 kids today and they were a lot of fun, I befriended the misfit boys and they kept on trying to get me to come over to their desks. I ate lunch with the teachers but I'm not sure what it was I ate, rice and some spicy meat with onions (what meat? I dunno). In the afternoon I worked with the grade ones as usual, I think things are getting better but in my first class there is a large group of boys that don't listen at all and its hard to communicate with them because since they aren't listening they aren't learning any english and so don't understand me (and don't care to). The second class is easier which is nice because it's a good point to finish on each day.
Today after class I visited with a few of the teachers and we're starting to become friends. They asked me many things about Canada, my family, my religion, more about Canada and winter, and ice, and how restrictive winter clothing must be, it was very amusing.
After work I took the bus home, I made a new friend on the bus, his nick name was pronounced 'Off' he was nice, however, as we were saying good bye after the bus ride I walked into a street post and was mortified so I didn't say a proper good bye, I don't know if I'll see him again but man did I feel silly. And my head hurt.
In the evening we had Ruhi and studied the next lesson about the life of Baha'u'llah. Then we went out for dinner and I learned that I don't know how to order food very well yet. I tried to get cashew chicken on rice but ended up with chicken and mini eggplant green curry on rice. I ate it, it was good, but really spicy and the edges of my mouth felt like fire.
Oh there was a huge wind storm last night, it was awesome but noisy and it woke me because it was rattling my patio door in it's frame and my bathroom window. I got up in the middle of the night to see what was up and the trees were thrashing back and forth and there was lightning in the distance, but still no rain.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home