
This morning we went for breakfast at one of the markets close by and I had the greatest breakfast ever! We had coconut sticky rice with fresh mango and tea, it was glorious! After breakfast we went to Magic Years which is a school owned and run by a Baha'i in Nonthaburi. This school is for pre-school aged children and the curriculum is based on teaching the children virtues and morals. On Saturdays Magic Years gives free classes to the children of the area and works with children who are older than pre-school aged. The weekend lessons are in Thai so when I went today I didn't understand very much but I did play with the children do puzzles with them. Everyone ,child and adult, who was at Magic Years was facinated with my sun burns, people would come over and look at it and call over others to look. Since I was wearing a v-neck when I got burned my burn on my chest is in a V, one of the little girls told me that it looked like I had a heart on my chest so it meant I had two hearts. Everyone was so fascinated and concerned for my burns that I was given three or four creams, some aloe gel and a pieces of aloe plant.
In the afternoon I took one of the truck transports (you sit on benches in the back of a pick-up) to the school that I'll be working at on Monday. The idea of going was to make things less confusing when I had to go on Monday, unfortunately, I feel more confused than before. I just hope I'm not late on Monday because I got off at the wrong stop or got on the wrong bus or pick-up truck. Now that I've taken the pick-up truck I only have the tuk-tuk and the motorcycle taxi and I've taken every available transportation device. I was supposed to go with Lynne to swim this afternoon but she was in Cambodia renewing her visa and the bus was really late coming back so instead I just lounged and wrote letters. I'm feeling very tired today from the sun-baking I got yesterday. Jenny and I went out to dinner at one of the restaurants on our soi we were adventurous and ordered a tofu dish which ended up being a tofu soup. After dinner I used the computer in the Baha'i Centre to download some pictures off of my camera! The computer in my room is great for email and looking things up online but it isn't very sophisticated and couldn't handle my camera but it would seem the one in the Centre can. Yay. So now I can post some pictures for everyone to see. I also discovered that the other computer has a webcam and so I had a little chat with Mom who got to see my tomato face.
Tomorrow morning Jenny and I are going to the big weekend market with Lynne and then who knows what for the rest of the day.
*To see pictures in a larger size click on it and then look at the size options above the picture




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home