
I talked to Mom and Dad and Etana this morning, it was really nice but the hour went by so quickly and the phone reception quality wasn't as good as it was the first time we talked.Today was day two with the grade ones. It was good but I feel like the expectations that the teachers have for me in teaching the students change each day and I'm feeling a little confused. I have received some advice though on how to deal with these confusions without having anyone lose face, so I'm going to try that out. Tomorrow in the morning I'm going to help with the kindergarden 3 class (they seem to have three levels of kindergarden here). After school today I went swimming again which was really nice but in this pool I can't stay under water no matter how hard I try. After dinner we had a devotional gathering and I found out that there is a new Baha'i in Bangkok!
Side notes:
Today I learned that most Thais have really long names and they all go by nicknames. I've also discovered recently that I love eating tamarind and have been buying and eating a lot of it! Now that I've discovered I like it I see the tamarind trees everywhere, they're in season right now and when you know what they look like you can't help but see them.
Oh and I saw real wild Bird of Paradise flowers growing wild, they weren't in bloom but they're on the way to the pool so maybe I'll see them when they are.
And lastly, I took a different mode of transportation to work today (there are two I can use) and I still didn't get lost! Yay for me!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home