Monday, March 20, 2006

Sleepy Day

Today I had planned on going out and looking around the neighborhood and getting to the bank etc... It didn't happen, I woke up really early (probably because I went to bed early yesterday) and talked online a bit, ate some really awesome fruit and then went to rest again. I got up after a very short rest and read some books on Thai culture and talked online again and then decided I'd go out.... but first maybe I'll have a little nap because I was feeling tired again. The little nap turned into a long nap and I woke up with 20 minutes until I had to be at the Feast. Thankfully the Feast was being hosted by Lynne who lives one floor down from me and other than knocking on the wrong apartment door I had no troubles getting there on time, and nicely dressed. There were 11 people at the Feast and I got a chance to meet some new people. We said prayers until the sunset and then broke fast together for New Years. I wasn't fasting because I'd been travelling but nearly everyone else there was. Jaya took a picutre of the group of us there (minus himself since of course he was taking the picture) and he said he'd email it to me so when I'll get it I'll be able to post it for everyone to see my new Baha'i community. Everyone was there except for the children but I will meet them tomorrow when we take them out to the water park for New Years. I'm not much of a public swimmer but with this heat I can make the exception. I heard Edmonton just got a bunch more snow this past weekend, today it was 48 degrees outside! I think it was probably for the best that I slept through most of that, though I'll have to be brave and get out there tomorrow, with lots of sunscreen! The food at the feast was fantastic, I look forward to being able to try more food here. My community seems really sweet and friendly, I'll ge the chance to get to know some of them better tomorrow at the water park. I hope I don't burn.

*For those of you who are not Baha'i the Feast is a monthly Baha'i gathering, this one was particularly special because it was the New Years Feast and then end of the Fast


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • F.O.G. in Thailand
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox