So after many plane rides and short stays in Toronto and Frankfurt I have arrived! Sawatdee.
A lot has happened since I left Edmonton. First I went to Toronto for a few days and got to meet the very sweet girl Clover! I loved meeting her and she seemed pretty happy to meet me too. I spent a few days of hanging out during the day with Tonya and Clover and then in the evenings, when he was off work, Evan would join in the fun.
After Toronto I flew to Germany. The flight itself was ok though there was a medical emergency on board and they had to make an announcement to ask if there was a doctor on the flight. The doctor was sitting behind me and was up and down a lot, and she seemed pretty distressed.
Once I got to Frankfurt I followed the directions we found online to the Baha'i Temple. I only got a little lost but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. Being at the temple was wonderful when I found it, it was simple but very calming. After I said my prayers and walked around a bit I walked down to the information center to ask about the bus times so that I could get back to the train station. When I got to the information centre I met two Baha'is from Toronto, which was really fun. They offered to let me ride in their taxi to the train station and then once we were hanging out together we really hit it off and ended up spending the whole day together touring around Frankfurt. I took some pictures and we visited many churches and old buildings. We bought and sent off some postcards though I had a little fight with the automated post box and ended up really over paying for one of my stamps, it was an adventure. After dinner with Jan and Dave I went back to the train station and caught a train back to the airport. By that time I was so tired I was falling asleep in the waiting area infront of my boarding gate and when I got onto the plane passed out before take off.
When I got to Bangkok the instructions I had been given to find the youth who were to pick me up were very clear and easy to follow and after the long line at the immigration counter I had no problem finding Tai and Yu.
We took a cab back to the Baha'i centre/my apartment (they're in the same condo). The cab was interesting, driving in Thailand is as crazy as I read it to be, and the cabs have these chains of flowers (jasmine) that make the cabs smell really pretty.
When I got to my suite I met more people and then cleaned up, phoned Mom and Dad, sent out some emails and had a nap. Then I was taken to the evening market that is a few streets away. This market is open on Sundays and Wednesdays. It was pretty neat, I drank some coconut sap juice stuff which was tasty but much too sweet. We got me some fruit at the market (which by the way is the tastiest fruit I have ever had) and then went out for dinner. I wasn't very hungry because of all of the jet lag but I met some new people at had a good time. Even though it was still early when dinner was over I was really exhausted so I came home, chatted to Mom online and went to bed.
Today I haven't done much but it is the last day of the fast today so Feast is tonight.
I wanted to make quick mention and thanks to Evan and Tonya for setting up my beautiful blog for me, isn't it lovely!?!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home